Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

When i sneeze my chest and back hurt. I seem to have a cold.

Hello when i sneeze...

Hello when i sneeze my chest and back hurt. I seem to have a cold. but i do not have running nose or any thing i that. but sometimes when i cough it also hurts

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?

No I do not have fever.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I think i am generally healthy person. Also sometimes when i move in different positions it can also hurt but on the side

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

What is your age & gender?

Do you have any discomfort in breathing ?

Since how long you have this pain in chest and back during sneezing?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am 47. I am female. I do not have a fever. I dont have any discomfort in breathing but if i am walking a little fast i do beathe faster. Oh! my dad died of a heart attack in 2010. hope that is not an issue
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
we can communicate like this

Dear customer

It is okay if you do not want phone call.That is an automatic offer that is out of my control.

We can continue in chat mode.

I am almost done with my typing Please stay here,I am about to post the answer.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having pain in chest and back during sneezing can be due to various causes.Its most common causes are: pleuritis muscle inflammation or infection.

Pleuritis is an inflammation of the pleura, the double layered membrane that covers the lung. This causes pain in chest and back.Most likely it is caused by viral infection, or other lung lesions nearby the pleura causing its irritation and inflammation.

Other possible causes can be overexertion of the chest wall muscles,inflammation of chest muscles.

As you are having the cold symptoms-this can be the most probable cause.

Please do not worry. There is nothing serious or dangerous about this.

Following is recommended for you now:

{C}· Take tab. Ibuprofen 400mg from the counter. It is available at your pharmacy as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

{C}· Have bed rest as much as possible

• For symptomatic relief,take tab.NyQuil.It contains acetaminophen,dextromethorphan,doxylamine and pseudoephedrine that will provide you great relief from these symptoms.It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription.

All this will help you greatly.

If still after this,the symptoms persists,then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit is less likely required.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor