Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I accidentally took 2400 mg of Ibuprofen instead of my

Customer Question
I accidentally took 2400...

I accidentally took 2400 mg of Ibuprofen instead of my normal morning meds. I carry 3 800 mg tablets in my med pack because I was in a bad accident 2 yes ago and need them occasionally for discomfort. Will I be ok ?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

None. I typically take mornings:

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

2 potassium citrate 10meq still more

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/24/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 3 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Please wait.
I am writing the answer.

I understand your anxiety.
You have taken a high dose.
In some inflammatory condition higher doses are used.
Maximum daily dose of 3200 mg can be used in divided doses.
As you have taken 2400 mg, there can be gastric irritation.
Please take Ranitidine, Antacid.
Take bland food.
Avoid spicy food, alcohol.
If you develop any pain abdomen, black stool, vomiting, I would advise to go to hospital.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.