Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was recently diagnosed with stomach cancer via an upper…

I was recently diagnosed...

I was recently diagnosed with stomach cancer via an upper GI. The Dr. said it was about a 1/3rd of my upper stomach. I'm going to get a CAT Scam, How long do you think I have? They're talking Chemo or Surgery. Which is better?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not to my knowledge.

3/24/2018
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

How old are you?

62 YEARS OLD

It could still be curable

You could have a long time to live

the key is to make sure it isn't outside of the stomach

the CAT scan is key

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Consultant Physician& Rheumatologist
Phone call session started
THANK YOU! ***** MIND A LITTLE!

welcome :)

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

I've reviewed your answer and I appreciate your answers. Thank you.