Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My father-in-law is experiencing chills and his temp is 97.4…

My father-in-law is experiencing...

My father-in-law is experiencing chills and his temp is 97.4 b/p 137/81 and has problems urinating since last night his age is 81 and had a triple bypass in 2016 November?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No he takes his heart meds looking for the list now

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

AmLODIPine 5mg, Asperin 81mg coated, atorvastatin 40mg, carvedilol 3.125mg lisinopril 20mg

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Has no alergies to medications

3/24/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Is he able to pass urine?

How is urine color?

How is pain?

Is there any distension or swelling of abdomen?

Thank you we are having him drink water and he did have a better urination but he took a zytek last night for sinus drainage. Yes he passes urine, regular and no pain no swelling in abdomen

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for his symptoms.
There can be a few causes for the feeling.
This can be due to onset of an infection.
A number of infections can cause it.
This can be bacterial or viral infection like flu.
Another common cause is urinary infection where he can have chills without any change in urine.
A collection of pus can cause these symptoms.
Please try to keep the room warm by room heater.

Please give water to drink as you are giving.
If you feel rise in temperature, Tylenol can be given
If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
A few tests like urine, CBC can be taken.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish him healthy life.
Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)