Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am on the zpack for pneumonia, 3rd day, i also have had a…

I am on the...

I am on the zpack for pneumonia, 3rd day, i also have had a sinus infection for months and have been on several antibiotics, this morning a very foul smelling, discusting yellow mucas is coming from my nose, i mean its nasty tasting and smelling.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?

Sinus infection, months. pneumonia symptoms for a week or so

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Breathing problems have lessoned considerably since taking zpack

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

What's your question about this please?

what is this sinus discharge from, is it normal
should i go to er

That's obviously a sign of a bacterial sinus infection but the Z pak may cover it

Unless you're running a high fever and have a severe headache there's no need for the ER right now

If the problem persists until Monday you may need a second antibiotic from your doctor

Please let me know if you need any more information

hello, no phone call please
thank you

The phone call offer wasn't from me and you don't have to accept it

My pleasure and call on me any time

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you