Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'll been coughing a lot so I started taking my cough

Customer Question
I'll been coughing a...

I'll been coughing a lot so I started taking my cough medication and when I cough up it comes with fluids and blood

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Metformn, Olmesartan, Ibuprofen, Proair albuterol, Azithromycin

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I just had breast surgery in Feburary

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 3 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you?
Since when are you having the symptom?
Do you have any other symptom?
Any other past illness?
Did you consult doctor or have any test?
Did you take any medicine?

age 61 coughing for a week just had breast surgery in Feburary, no Doctor will not be back in the office until Monday,cough syrup and azithromycin

Please wait.
I am writing the answer.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
There are different causes of blood in the mucus or sputum.
Common cause is an infection.
Several common bacterial infection or viral infection can cause it.
Other probables are bronchitis, bronchiectasis.
In some cases however no cause is found.
You need to get it checked by your doctor again.
Chest X ray/ scan, scope, sputum test can be taken.
You are taking antibiotic already.
But it needs to be investigated again.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Thanks will see my doctor on Monday

You are always welcome.

Please see your doctor on Monday.

He can examine chest & take further tests if necessary.

You can see the rating button on the upper left corner.
Please click 5 star button so that I can get credit for helping you.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you.
Warm Regards

Thanks give a rating 5

Warm Regards