Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband fell last night fro our semi truck and for the…

My husband fell last...

My husband fell last night fro our semi truck and for the last three hours he is having bright red rectal bleeding. Is this a concern and should we seek medical attention

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

He fell about 16 hours ago and the bleeding started about 3 hours ago. Every time he passes gas it comes out with red blood

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

How old is your husband?
has your husband had dizziness or weakness?
Is the bleeding constant?
is there any obvious external injury?
does your husband suffer from any illness?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
He’s 44. Not dizzy or weak. Bleeding is only present after he passes gas. No obvious injury possible a bruise is starting over left hip area. No illnesses.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
We did wake up to blood on the sheet as well.

Dear friend, in this case it is a post-traumatic rectorrhagia, it is probable that there is still active bleeding, this is generated by the trauma, it is necessary to perform an emergency touch and identify the bleeding, start with intravenous treatment to stop the bleeding and require an examination to know the origin of the bleeding.
So I suggest you go to the emergency room.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thank you
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.I hope this information will be helpful.Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!Regards.
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor