Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How does it take for a pneumothorax to develop from a

Customer Question
How long does it...

How long does it take for a pneumothorax to develop from a microtrauma

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No and no meds

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing significant otherwise healthy

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
3/24/2018
Doctor: Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Typically a pneumothorax is not caused by microtrauma as pneumothorax is a dangerous and sudden-onset condition of air entering the pleura, which is a membrane that lines the lungs.
It is only necessary a perforation that is typical of traumatic origin or by pathologies that causes a pulmonary collapse.
Lung diseases can also increase the chance of lung collapse. These include:
Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Cystic Fibrosis,
Tuberculosis, whooping cough. and these can take years to generate this condition but when it is generated it is abrupt.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Doctor: deolyn-cssm,
 replied 1 month ago
deolyn-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/b45pk-does-pneumothorax-develop.html
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor