Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I found my husband laying on the bathroom floor. He said he…

I found my husband...

I found my husband laying on the bathroom floor. He said he was on the way to the bathroom and felt himself start to go down so he laid down. He had gone to bed hours earlier than usual. I am not sure how long he was down as I was in another room and the doors were closed to the bedroom. He is running a fever of about 101.8. He talked to me and said the floor was cool so it felt good. It took me about 15-20 min to talk him into getting up.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?

He doesn't seem to have any other symptoms. Not sure about the fever.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He is 69 almost 70, rarely sick.

3/24/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How is he feeling now?
Does he have any other symptom?
Any other past illness?
Did he take any medicine?

He seems both aware and confused if that makes sense. Able to answer my questions but not really himself. I talked him into getting up. I couldn't lift him. When he was on his feet he was unsteady, and took a long time deciding if he need to urinate first or just wanted to go to bed. He had urinated on himself while he was on the floor. He finally urinated again-- very yellow. He was thirsty and I gave him ice water. He made it back to the bed with help and now seems to be sleeping. No past illness and no medications. I gave him two tylenol for his fever.

Is he moving his both arms, legs similarly? same power?

Is he responding to command like showing tongue? lift his arm or open his eyes?

Both arms and legs seemed the same but he was wobbly. he took the medication when I gave it to him. He put shorts on when I told him to. I don't think it seems to be a stroke. He was shaky and kind of twitchy.

Please wait.
I am writing the answer.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for his symptoms.
Passing out or fainting can be due to various factors.
This is a temporary loss of consciousness due to less blood supply to brain which produces the symptoms.
Fall of blood pressure can cause less blood supply to brain.
A common type is due to vasovagal attack.
Illness, dehydration, stress can cause it.
Urination effort can cause to pass out.
However there can be other precipitating factors like heart diseases, neurological issues.
A physical examination and some tests or investigations are needed to find out the precise cause.
Please keep him at rest.
Give more fluid.
However, I would advise to take an examination by doctor too.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish him healthy life.
Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)