Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Every now and then I feel something in the middle of my

chest like a ball rolling...
Every now and then I feel something in the middle of my chest like a ball rolling. Also when when I fall asleep it happens a lot sometimes most of the time it scares me awake
3/24/2018
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

How old are you? Are you suffering from an anxiety disorder such as panic attack? What is your question regarding this?

I canceled my subscription because I ask a question before this one and got no response at all.
But I’m 35 and yes I’ve had a history of panic disorder

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

What is your worry regarding your present symptoms? What investigations were done? Do you have chest pain when doing any physical activity? Are you taking any medications?

I when I lay down at night or sometimes during the middle of the day I will feel like 2 balls are in the middle of my chest rolling around. Or a jumping feeling in my chest, no discomfort of any sort. Other than the feeling itself

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

These are the typical and very common symptoms of having a sensation of a lump in the chest or in the throat. This does not mean that you are suffering from any underlying heart disease. This feeling is benign and harmless. You should not worry regarding this. With treatment of panic disorder, this feeling will also gradually reduce and disappear. You can relax and should not be concerned about this feeling. This feeling will not harm you in any way. Panic disorder can be easily treated with therapy and mindfulness meditation.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor