Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Have a question about breast pain. About 2 days ago and yes…

Have a question about...

Have a question about breast pain

Doctor's Assistant: When did the pain begin? Have you used any medication for it?

About 2 days ago and yes ibuprofen

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the pain?

No not yet

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I havent had any illnesses

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Ok thank you

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Do you have pain in the left or right breast?

Any tenderness, itching, rash, redness, lump formation in the breast?

Is pain continuous or intermittent?

Nausea, vomiting?

Heartburn?

Pain radiating to the back, upper abdomen?

Are your periods regular?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

I’m 39, I have had a fever about 101.4 . It is my right breast ,some redness ,tenderness and warm to the touch. I have not nursed my child for about 3 1/2 years and yes periods are regular. Pain in my upper back slightly not to terrible though.
No discharge or skin changes other then the redness, no texture changes
No nausea or vomiting or heartburn
Pain is intermittent and to the touch

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, your symptoms are suggestive of infection.

And as your pain is not relieved with Ibuprofen so I would strongly recommend seeing your doctor for breast examination, palpation to look for an infection/ cyst/ bump.

You need to undergo an Ultrasound of breast and Complete blood count.

You may require antibiotics.

You should hydrate yourself with Gatorade.

Also, continue Ibuprofen alternately with Tylenol every 4-6 hourly.

Apply warm compresses on the affected breast.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Ok thank you, ***** ***** possible to have an infection even if I am not nursing a child?

Thanks for the follow-up.

It can be possible to have an infection even in a non-lactating stage.

Try such measures as we have discussed earlier until you see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Ok thank you.

I wish for your good health.
Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

One more question how many mg of ibuprofen should I take?

You can take maximum 3200 mg/day.

Also, add OTC Prilosec empty stomach before breakfast.

Hope this helps.