Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Numbness in rt. Leg and slowly lft leg. No just numb like…

Numbness in rt. Leg...

Numbness in rt. Leg and slowly lft leg

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No just numb like there asleep

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Yes heartfailure congestive pace maker dds

3/24/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Do you have pain in the lower back?

Do you get leg cramps at night?

For how long you have this numbness issue?

Age and gender?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

just started today but went to er last sun m 53
No thanks broke
Been outof work because firstproblem crampsin leg coul not walk
Please im scared dont know what to do

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Such symptoms are most likely, due to a pinched nerve in the spine, and may be affected by posture in sleep.

Pressure on the spinal nerves or pressure on Peripheral nerves can cause numbness in legs.

The compression of lumbar nerves L4 or L5 or sacral nerves will cause such symptoms.

You can follow below measures-

1. You can apply ice packs on your back for 15 minutes and can be repeated 3-4 times a day.

2. Stretching exercises for your low back can help you feel better and may help to relieve nerve root compression.

3. You should take help from physical therapist. Physical therapy includes various modalities like - Short wave diathermy,Infra red and Wax therapy , these will help you a lot.

4. You can start with OTC Motrin and can be taken in twice a day.

5. Muscle relaxants would also be helpful for your condition.

6. You should take bed rest, and remain away from lifting any heavy objects.

You should use a cold pack to relax tense muscles and this will help in cramps. After this use a warm towel or heating pad later if you have pain or tenderness, you can take a hot bath.
Also massaging the cramped muscle will help you.
You should gently stretch your leg and move your foot towards your knee until you feel the calf muscles stretch.This will relax your leg muscles.
Also, you should formulate an exercise routine and ensure that you build on it gradually.You should avoid alcohol, coffee, tobacco.

This is not related to any serious issue, Please use measures, as discussed in above post, and you would get good results.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor