Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am not a very healthy person. I have always had very thick…

I am not a...

I am not a very healthy person. I have always had very thick strong fingernails. In July a friend moved in with me. I have a double master townhouse with the bathes in each bedroom so we only share living room dining room and kitchen. She works with drug dealer offenders that do not take good care of themselves. Additionally, she and her co-workers pass around illnesses without taking sick days when they are ill. She therefore brings these bugs home and I get them. When I do i get them severely. Usually at least bronchitis but i ended up in the hospital in January. I have been sick 5 times since the end of August a little worse each time with at least 1 round of antiiotics, steroids, breathing treatment and 2-3 week recovery. My fingernails have become progressively weaker, thinner, peel like crazy past my nail beds and cuticles shredding. It hasbeen 4 weeks so far, 2 rounds of antibiotics (1 for thrush), nystatin,2 rounds of steroids, 3 rounds of coedine cough syrup, 2 chest xrays and my doctor does not over react. i have been with him for 12 years. he is thinking systemic? Valley Fever coming back? Pneumonia he can't see? Has all of the illness been to much?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

Cough off n on since august as i get sick. this last go around March 8th. It has been so persistent that i sleep very little. the cough syrup does not help at all. Tight chest, wheezing, my ears hurt, winded very very easily, i tend to get a deep cough in my chest when I first get sick. After treatment 3-4 days later it goes to my upper chest not as deep around my neck more frequently n my chest hurts when i cough. My throat also hurts. Thistime I

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

This time I have had Bro

Answered in 1 day by:
3/25/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I would be tired of being so sick so often

you need to work on being a healthier person

you should eat more fruits and vegetables and protein like chicken and fish

and cut out gluten and white flour and sugar and pasta and bread and milk

and drink more water and exercise regularly. this can help improve your immune system and improve your health

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Consultant
Phone call session started
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician