Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Should I go to the doctor, I hit my head right above my eye…

Should I go to...

Should I go to the doctor, I hit my head right above my eye with the handle I have a pan when into it when I was putting something in the dishwasher. It's slightly swollen and hurts

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

About two hours

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Except for the pain and the swelling I feel OK

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will be assisting you today.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Hello

Any cuts or bleeding?

Any loss of consciousness? Any change in your vision or double vision?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No loss of consciousness or bleeding no more eyesight change
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No chance in eye site

Do you remember what happened or do you have any loss of memory?

Can you send a picture of the bump?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I remember what happened and give me a second I'll send you a picture
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Did it add picture
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Did you get picure
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Small above the eye

Ok I got the picture thanks.

OK, based off the picture and your symptoms I am not concerned. Does the bone above your eye feel normal? If so, you can ice the area to help reduce the swelling and also take a tylenol if the pain is bad.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
My daughter said it feels normal to her just feels the swelling

Great. I do not think you have to see the doctor at this point. However, if you begin to feel woozy or have nausea or vomiting you should probably see one. I hope that helps.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
It helps greatly thank you very very much will I be able to sleep tonight or should I stay out for a little longer

You can sleep tonight.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thank you you really eased my mind. I so appreciate it thank you very much and have a great evening

You too!

Please do not forget to rate my service by clicking on the stars at the top of the page. Thanks!

Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD
Dr. A
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD