Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Today severe left lower back pain came on. I want to vomit…

Customer Question
Today severe left lower...

Today severe left lower back pain came on. I want to vomit but don't bring anything up. Want to urinate and defecate. should I go to an er?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Feel in the shower yesterday (slippery bathmat) but was a gentle fall. lifted weights today. pain is a little better if I stand up and take weight on my arms.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Osteoporosis

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/24/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 4 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you? Male/ Female?
Since when are you having the pain? How frequently does it come?
Do you have any other symptom?
Any other past illness?
Did you take any medicine?

71, female. pain for 4 hours, constant
nausea, want to urinate and defecate

Please wait.
I am writing the answer.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
The pain can be due to a few probables.
It can be due to kidney or urinary in origin.
Common causes of kidney pain are an infection or stone.
Urine may appear normal but there can be urge.
Nausea may occur too.
Other cause can be a pinched nerve at the back.
In osteoporosis of spine there can be impingement on nerve.
This can be affected by posture.
You can take tylenol or motrin now.
Warm application will help.
Please take plenty of fluid.
If you do not get any relief, I would advise to take an examination by doctor in ER.
He can take a few tests like urine analysis, ultrasound etc.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.