Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

For several years I have had a sciatic issue with my left…

Customer Question
For several years I...

For several years I have had a sciatic issue with my left leg. My leg has been numb from my hip to my knee for most of that time. The pain was very bad for several months last year. I started taking an herbal pill called Nerve Renew and it has seemed to help. The pain went away but the leg was still numb. Two days ago, part of the numb area started itching. Does this mean that the Nerve Renew is beginning to repair the nerve or am I getting worse?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

The only medication I am on is an inhaler - Albuterol - that I use once just before bedtime. I just came off of Cytalopram a couple of weeks ago. I am allergic to penascillin (sp), asprin, and several other antibiotics.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Have had back issues off and on since I was a teenager, but nothing major.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/24/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 3 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

itching means the nerve is not working properly and sending abnormal signals to the brain.

how old are you?

you need to see your doctor about getting an MRI scan of your spine to check for pinched nerves

do you have health insurance?

I will be 69 next month and on Medicare with a supplemental policy also

so you have health insurance to be able to see a doctor.