Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have Polycythemia Vera. I also have had two pulmonary

I have Polycythemia Vera...

I have Polycythemia Vera. I also have had two pulmonary emboli and now I have an aortic aneurysm. This week I have been overly confused and forgetful. I'm also having a hard time hearing. My son-in-law suggested I ask you. Thank you

Doctor's Assistant: When did the aneurysm begin? Have you used any medication for it?

I found out at the er about 3 months ago or so. They didn't give me any medication for it. I am on blood thinners but forget my meds at times

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the bleeding?

Bleeding?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Lupus and Fibromyalgia

3/24/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

What is your age?
when was your last hematological checkup performed?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thank you! I'm concerned about this being warning signs.

These symptoms should be evaluated as they may be due to various causes, and signs of confusion and hearing impairment should be investigated.
I suggest we do a CBC with a blood differential.
Since your symptoms may be altered, your symptoms may not be alarming but the cause must be confirmed and the labs may be altered.
A neurological examination should be performed to rule out any neurological complications.

do you have any doubt?

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Do i have any doubt? Altered?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I want to know if these are warning signs of something is to come. Stroke or heart attack as I'm at increased risk with PV
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Are you still there?

In fact, it can be symptoms of cerebral thrombus, because of its history of polycythemia it has a greater probability, therefore it is necessary to evaluate it.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok thank you kindly Dr. Villages. You've most helpful and will get the highest rating. I will save you to my favorites!
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I'm scared.

Don't be alarmed, but due to your history you should always go for an evaluation if you suspect any symptoms.
I do not consider this to be serious as the symptoms are not serious but should be evaluated to rule it out.

Its has been apleasure.

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thank you! I will be evaluated!
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor