Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Are there any Generic product that are like Xanax, only

Customer Question
Are there any Generic...

Are there any Generic product that are like Xanax, only cheaper. There is Alprazalam in some Countries...Does the job. Still mostly requires a Doctors Prescription though.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No alergy issues. I have taken Xanax, or same in other names in opther Countries...Prescriptions needed

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

NOTHING. My Doctor in Seattle finally prescribed o.1 mg Xanax.....25 only. I need about 1.0 per day. My allergy Doctor prescribed it about 40 years ago. I am very careful with it. No problems. I don't wish to go to Mexico however!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
Any "good" sites on line for xanax, or a generic.....not requiring a prescription?
3/24/2018
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

The system says that you are in the US. In the US, the alprazolam is available, which is a generic form of Xanax, so would be cheaper than the brand name Xanax. However, you are correct that prescriptions would be required for either the brand name xanax or the generic alprazolam.

In the US, it is illegal for any site to offer Xanax or alprazolam without a prescription. And it is also illegal to ship these medicines into the US from any site that is located in another country in which it may be legal to sell such medicines without a prescription.

The closest that you can get without a prescription would be a supplement, called valerian root. It is not even close to being as potent as Xanax, but it does have a similar effect.