Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I made a mistake taking my medication. I got prednisone and…

I made a mistake...

I made a mistake taking my medication. I got prednisone and took all 6 pills at the same time for the first day. I just saw first day and didn't see the small print to divide them up into 3 different times. Am I going to be ok?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Only augmentin. I am diabetic so I take insulin, blood pressure pills and cholesterol pills.

3/23/2018

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

No problem there--taking all six pills together won't do any harm and it will still work just as well as when you divided the prednisone dosage

Please let me know if you need any more information

Thank you so much. I can't believe I was so dumb. Next time I will read the small print!!