Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I recently had a CT Angiogram done and went home with a CD…

I recently had a...

I recently had a CT Angiogram done and went home with a CD of all the data which is uninteligable to me. i was given the results in text form but would also like to have an image of my complete heart, as if i were looking at it from the outside at the arteries. how can i convert the data on the cd to this image? there are programs on the net for converting to a format for #D printing models. there must be something to covert to an ordinary image so i can compre with an angiogram i had in 2011. your help would be apprecited. H

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

I had a CABG x4 in mar/2011 and at that time an angiogram was done. then i had a CT Angiogram done on mar 13/2018

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Father died of diabetes and my mother has alzheimers

3/23/2018
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will try to assist you today.

The CD usually has a filename that ends with .exe

If you double click on that and hit run that should usually work.

hi, my nname is ***** *****'m hoping you can direct me to a program or site that can convert my CTA to a uasable image. H
the CD works fine but all the images are cross sections. what i'm looking for is a view of my complete heart as if looking at it from the outside, at the arteries.

Oh, so you can see the images, but they are cross-sections like an axial, coronal, and saggital cross-section?

that's correct. what i'm looking for is to covert this to a picture as if looking diectly at it.
there are sites that can covert it to a format for 3D printing. there must be something to covert it to a simple picture.

OK, that capability may not be available from the scan that you had. The CTA captures images a certain way and you can't always make it into a 3D image.

If it's not already part of the CD that means that they did not do the imaging with 3D capabilities.

then i'm at a loss. before i left the Imaging Clinic the technician said there was more data then would fit on the CD and was on another web site and when my dostor tried to access it she said that's all there was. maybe the info i'm looking for is there but inaccessable for some reason. not sure where to go from here.

Interesting. Perhaps they will put it on the website after the radiologist gets a chance to read it. Or perhaps the technician did not give you correct information. Hard to know but perhaps calling the imaging clinic directly will help?

the radiologist has read it and given me the basic info by text, and i have phoned the clinic many times and have gotten no where. i'm beginning to think the disconect is due to the inexperience of my physician, a newbe who insists that's all there is. oh well, i'll keep grinding on this till i get a satifying reslut. thanks for your help. H

No problem. Good luck!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!

Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD