Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My wife has a condition on the skin (from the to the knee on…

Hello, My wife has a condition...
My wife has a condition on the skin (from the butt to the knee on both legs on the front and back side of the leg), see the picture attached, and one of the doctors say that this is likely an allergy. The condition on the skin is present already for three months. My wife age is 34 years old.
She took the blood test and it showed eosinophils at 7 (normal is 5).
One doctor suggested that the cause might be parasitic infection. She undertook stool analysis test four times and the tests did not find parasitic worms in the stool. She also took blood test for parasitic infection, and it showed
antibodies to ascaris IgG 0.11
antibodies to toxocara IgG 0.09
antibodies to Opisthorchis - higher than norm (but my wife does not remember exactly the number, if needed, she will find it. Because of this reading, she was sent for stool analysis three times, but the result was negative, as indicated above).
Another doctor suggested that it is an allergy. She took blood test for food allergy (for 100 allergens), and this test did not show that she has an allergy to 100 food allergens.
The doctor also instructed her to take pills that have Levocetirizine dihydrochloride 5 mg. She takes this pill (one tablet of 5 mg), and it works only for two/three days (skin gets to normal condition), and then reverts back.
Often, this condition is itchy, but in another time it does not produce discomfort. Sometimes, when she eats chocolate, the pill's effect is shortened to one day.
Question:
Does she need to worry about it, and what next she should do?
3/24/2018
DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It seems like an urticaria to me

I would suggest that she need to have her ESR/CRP, anti nuclear antibodies ,thyroid function and complete blood count

This might require steroids to help her with the current symptoms

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor