Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a swelling in the right side of my pubic mound. No…

I have a swelling...

I have a swelling in the right side of my pubic mound. No pain. could this be a reaction to the 3 hour oral surgery I had a few weeks ago?

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

Not quite two weeks..soon after the surgery.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am 86 years old and extremely healthy and active (skating coach)

3/23/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Do you have pain in that area?
Is it red?
Have you had any pain with urination, burning, or other discomfort?
what type of surgery was performed?

No pain, no discomfort. Oral surgery..a tooth pulled, and 3 implants..all 4 sides. Whole face was blue,purple and swollen for at least a week.
don't want a phone call...even though I type badly!

Please, allow me a moment while I write your answer.

If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger.

I appreciate the waiting time.

Dear *****ient, the inflammation of your right monticle may be related to the surgery, but it should be ruled out that there is an infectious condition nearby, so it should be evaluated if there is an infected hair, a skin infection or a nearby area such as the genital or urinary area, this may be due to an inflammation of a node, the nodes are typically swollen by these conditions or by direct trauma on the
If the area is very swollen I suggest you perform an ultrasound of the area to confirm the possible adenopathy and go to a consultation to evaluate it in detail and rule out these conditions.

Do you have any doubt?

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Thank you. Whatever is going on must be inside, as there is no other abnormal outside visible, and no discomfort. This was helpful.

Its has been a pleasure.