Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My sister has been crying for no reason. Nonstop. When asked…

My sister has been...

My sister has been crying for no reason. Nonstop. When asked why she says she doesn't know.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

She isn't on any meds, we went to the ER last night .. they only gave her atavan (spell?) she has an appointment with a Dr this coming wednesday, but we are not sure if that is soon enough.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

She isn't on any meds

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of.

3/23/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

Welcome to Justanswer!

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

How old is she? is there any other symptoms like pain, anxiety? Any ongoing stress?

she is 19, she has anxiety but not taking any meds. She was having chest pains and numbness in her arms too. The ER Dr. ran tests and all came back normal. My worry is that she is still crying. Is it possible that her anxiety is doing this?

Thanks for the information.

I don't think it's related to medical/physical cause like pain and discomfort. All her ongoing symptoms could be attributed to anxiety.Moreover, she has been evaluated and investigated and medical causes were ruled out. I am inclined towards emotional outbreaks, something must have triggered it. You can ask something else who is very close to her to talk to her and get some information. In the meantime, you can give her ativan, it will help her sleep and control anxiety. I think she can safely stay home and visit her doctor on Wednesday.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor