Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can you tell me what the average cost for assisted living…

Can you tell me what...
Can you tell me what the average cost for assisted living would be in Florida? And is it per person? For example my mother and father would like to move in to an assisted living place. All they would really require is meals included. They can do everything else for themselves.
And is it just a monthly amount or is there a huge upfront payment you must give too?
3/23/2018
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

The average cost for a couple in Florida depends on several things; where in Florida, central FL is much less expensive than south FL. What type of facility? One that provides entertainment, sports activities (Tennis, golf etc.) Meals are included in all facilities. Cost for a couple can be $3000 to $10,000 per month. May I suggest you go to the site below as a starting place. There are many companies that can answer your specific questions. One is below.

http://www.seniorlivingplacement.com

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor