Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My blood work revealed a tp of 8.5, albumin of 4.8, and

Hello, my blood work...

Hello, my blood work revealed a tp of 8.5, albumin of 4.8, and globulin of 3.8. Results indicated that my albumin and globulin were wfl for the test range, while my tp was slightly elevated. All other results came back WFL. I had just completed antibiotics for an ongoing UTI (which lasted approximately 3.5 weeks). Are these results WFL or should I be concerned, since my albumin and globulin both were on the upper end of normal resulting in a higher TP. Thank you!

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

My health has been fine Really no issues to report other than the high TP which when googling, is very unsettling

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My medical hx is pretty unremarkable Prior to the blood work I had a 3.5 week uti the blood work was completed for a physical

3/23/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Thank you!

Few observations, which I hope should be able to resolve your anxiety;

1) Investigations are seen and interpreted in the context of symptoms, signs, physical exam findings, other investigations and medical imaging. In the absence of any other abnormality; there is nothing to worry at all.

2) The origin of your scare is Google information. It just tells you that high total protein can be indicative of serious medical issues. It does not tell how much high. This rise of total protein is rarely indicative of serious medical issue.

3) There is a saying in medical world; investigations alone should not be treated.

4) Alone, a slight rise of total protein or any investigation is rarely conclusive of a diagnosis.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you, ***** ***** You're probably right, googling is not a helpful tool when I am already an anxious person! Thanks for your suppoprt and advice!
support*

You are very welcome.

It is privilege assisting you.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Thank you, ***** ***** relieved that I have an absence of symptoms beyond a slightly elevated TP, which means I am likely healthy. Thanks again!

You are most welcome.

You are healthy.

Please do not worry at all.