Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Don’t post this one online. (Or remove it ASAP. Thanks.) I…

Customer Question
Please don’t post this one...
Please don’t post this one online.
(Or remove it ASAP. Thanks.)
I took Metronidazole twice a day for 7 days recently for bv...I hadn’t had sex or anything like it in months. (But my husband had kissed me on the mouth a few days prior.) I called my gynecologist for an appt because I felt “full” and “funny” down there. Also my stools have had the consistency of smooth peanut butter. I had gas with odor, which I hadn’t noticed before. (Sorry so descriptve but I think it’s relevant)
I felt GREAT : ) toward the end of the Met treatment...I was SO HAPPY but then the unwell feelings came back after I finished.
Some history:
EVERYtime my husband puts his mouth on any part of my body I get an infection. He travels to South America frequently and has for many years. He has enlarged prostate, e.d., and is on 3 heart meds for anxiety (yet they say “there is no plaque-he has the heart function of a 20 year old”) He takes stomach acid reducers and has a c-pap machine. Also, his skin on his arms looks kinda moldy and he gets cancerous spots cut out around his face and temples whenever he doesn’t get acid treatments from his dermatologist. His toenails are gone from fungus. He has peripheral neuropathy in his feet and legs. He needs lots of dental work but won’t go to a dentist. Anxiety. (They’re fake in the front from fights when he was young, so they look great so he thinks they’re fine.) He’s very moody. I’m starting to think he might have dementia.
His late wife died of endometrial carcinoma with metastasis to bones and lungs. She wasn’t old.
I got a trail of nasty hard cyst-looking things under my ear a couple months before that. (The one that he kisses and licks. Well, did.) The docs gave me a tube of cream for that. Then I had 4 ear infections in a row. Infection then rupture then another infection in each ear before Cipro drops each time. Now I have tinnitus.
I’ve had bv many times after intimacy with him. Didn’t get it before him.
Now Liver? spots are showing up on me. My arms are starting to look like his. My vision is blurry now, very light sensitive, and it’s swollen under them in the mornings. White discharge which I didn’t have before.
I don’t sleep well anymore.
I’ve been tested for trich, Chlamydia, syphillus. Can’t remember the others but nothing is showing up.
I eat a whole foods diet, very little sugar, very little flour, no alcohol, take no meds.
I’ve had a lot of fatigue lately, which might be the worst part of all!!! Anal itching. Eye and ear “fullness” also. My face and neck around my hairline are broken out. My skin is scaly and dry.
My gynecologist says I’m “allergic to my husband.”
Seems like a systemic bacterial/parasitic thing to me (in me) ....originating from his mouth.
What infections would you test for and/or would there be major concerns to me trying a longer dose of Metronidazole? I’m not allergic to any meds.
Also, when I finish an over the counter parasite cleanse, the digestive symptoms go away until he kisses me again.
MSM reduces symptoms too.
Please help.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Testing
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Took a few mins on the card because I got a fraud alert from the bank, had to approve the transaction.Estimate on response was 8 minutes. I signed up for 30 min- vip.New estimate?
Answered in 1 day by:
3/24/2018
Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

Do you still need help with your question?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you, ***** *****
What is your area of expertise, if you don't mind my asking?

Family Medicine

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Great! : )

It seems like your major complaint is recurring Bacterial Vaginosis. BV is a result of an overgrowth of normal vaginal bacteria. Prescription medication will get rid of it for a period of time, but it usually returns. May I suggest two "controls". First take a tampon and saturate it with Hydrogen peroxide with a few drops of water mixed with it and insert the tampon in your vagina. Second is to take a cup of Organic Apple Cider vinegar and add it to your bath, soaking for 20 minutes. These two will need to be repeated weekly to keep the pH value in your vagina at it's normal value. Have your husband visit his Dentist for a Deep Cleaning and evaluation of his mouth health status. This too will go a long way in keeping you infection free.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for your response. However, while I am pleasantly surprised that you gave me natural "band-aids"
for this problem you still haven't answered my question....What infections would you test for and/or would there be major concerns to me trying a longer dose of Metronidazole?The origin of my problem is the thing in his mouth that I'm being exposed to. If I can't pinpoint it and tell him to be tested for it,
a divorce is on the horizon. I convinced him to go to a fancy dental spa a couple of years ago, where they treated him like a king. They cleaned his teeth initially then said he needed biannual cleanings, each 3 hours long. (He actually did get one of them then decided they just wanted his money.) They, and a couple of other dental practices, suggested that he get all of his bridges replaced and get a couple of root canals. He refused. I still believe dentures are his best bet but he refuses any of it. Says these infections are "nonsense." As I type this right now, I'm feeling very "full" down there, It causes a snowball effect throughout my body... anxiety, tension, hbp.I've signed up for a program with a naturopathic doctor locally who has just put a prescription in for me to get colonics.I need to take my son somewhere....please reconsider my question. And thank you for the tampon and bath suggestions.

I'm sorry I don't feel I can be of help to you. I will opt out so another expert can try.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That's fine...
Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor