Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have taken vaginal metrogel 4 or 5 times before without…

I have taken vaginal metrogel...
I have taken vaginal metrogel 4 or 5 times before without any reactions whatsoever. I have a new prescription to take it. How likely would it be to have any reactions or anaphalytic shock to it if I take it again?
3/23/2018
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon

Hello -

It would be extremely unlikely for you to have a problem.

If you were to have a reaction to it, it would have come up the second time you used it, as your body would have been exposed the first time and built up antibodies and an immune response to it during the first exposure. Then the second time, your body would have tried to fight off the exposure with an allergic reaction.

The fact that you were able to get through the second (and third, fourth, and fifth) exposures without problems makes it extremely unlikely that you will ever have an issue with it.

Best of luck.

it should be safe to take it?

Yes, if you've taken it before multiple times without a problem, it will be safe this time.

Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon
Ok thank you!