Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

As I was washing my hands in the sink, I cut my finger with…

As I was washing my...
As I was washing my hands in the sink, I cut my finger with my own fingernail pretty deep and my finger was bleeding.
I washed with soap used a little peroxideAnd then put neosporin and a bandaid and will now sleep.
Can I get flesh eating or serious bacteria this way ??Also, it's raining and the gutter outside my front door water came out of and hit back of neck. Can this water from my gutter also transmit disease ??Thank you I took shower after the incident also.Thank you and God bless
3/23/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Please wait.
I am writing the answer.
Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for waiting.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Please do not worry.
Running water like in tap would not transmit flesh eating bacteria.
The water from gutter on neck is also not risky.
You have taken shower afterwards.
Again, please do not worry.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

I was wondering if the cut from my fingernail is what could have transmitted something like that. It was my fingernail that cut myself

No, it would not cause an infection.
You have washed it too.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Ok doctor.
Thanks !!

You are always welcome.
Wish you healthy life.

God bless you.
Warm Regards.