Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My blood pressure is 170 over 90. This is very high for me,

Customer Question
My blood pressure is...

My blood pressure is 170 over 90. This is very high for me, what can I do to bring this lower.

Doctor's Assistant: Is this consistent, or is there some fluctuation in blood pressure?

Other than pressure at my doctor/s office, I took my pressure at a drig store yeaterday and I was suprised. I took on my own prewssure mcahing - which I hjad for my wofe , but was not usinf, and this monring iot was 170 over 90. I have never seen pressure this high. I am 85.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Knee operation, blood clots on the liungs, open heart surgey last November, but feeling good and in two weeks entering an excercise programme for heart patients.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/23/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 3 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How is your usual blood pressure?

When was it checked by doctor last?

Do you have dizziness, chest pain or any other symptom?

Probably 4 months agoand, my blood pressure was always reasonble for someone my age and never ecited them

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Single blood pressure reading may not be always conclusive.
It needs to be confirmed by doctor.
I would advise to take an examination by your doctor.
It he finds it high, he would prescribe medicine or schedule a repeat visit.
Please avoid anxiety & stress.
It often causes a rise.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.