Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a really bad cold and sore throat two weeks ago. Now I…

I had a really bad...
I had a really bad cold and sore throat two weeks ago. Now I have a one sided cough with two little white spots on one side of my throat. I get a one sided cough and looked in my mouth this am to see two little white spots. Looks like strep spots but I have no other symptom but a cough. What can these spots be? How can I stop the cough?
3/23/2018
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can you attach a picture of the back of your throat here which will give me a better idea?

I’m sorry I can’t get a clear photo
DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor

Hi Laura,

This is a new expert

As you don,t have any fever or sore throat so streptococcal infection is unlikely

A possibility of fungal infection or candidiasis needs to be ruled out

For cough you can take benadryl but if it is an oral candidiasis you will need anti-fungal therapy

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor