Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had sex about a month ago while on my period, he pulled…

I had sex about...

I had sex about a month ago while on my period, he pulled out, I’m on the pill, & I took Plan B within the 72 hour period. I started my period on time like usual & this time it only lasted 2 days. I’m on birth control & normally my period is 3-4 days but it only lasted about 2 days? Is that normal?

Doctor's Assistant: How long has he used pill? When did his last period begin?

I’ve been on the pill for years now & my period started Tuesday

Doctor's Assistant: When was his last pap test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?

My last pap was a few months ago, results were normal. No swelling, discoloration, & no unusual smell

3/23/2018
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor

Welcome to justanswer.I amCustomerand your complete satisfaction is my goal.I am reviewing your question and I would respond shortly.

Ok thank you! Hear back from you soon
Thanks for your question.
Emergency contraceptive pills contain hormones which can change the duration of the period and the duration of the cycle.
This is normal.
Considering that you had intercourse during the period which is a non fertile time of the cycle and you were already taking oral contraceptive pills and you also had plan B it is highly unlikely that you would get pregnant.
Feel free to ask any follow up questions. Feel free to ask any follow up questions
Do take a moment to honour my work and time by rating my answer hopefully 5 stars.
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor
Ok thank you! So this is a result of the Plan B?

Yes, Plan B can cause this change.

Thanks for the 5 star rating and the bonus.

Thanks doc!

You are most welcome.

Best wishes.