Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Yesterday I had a few instances of sharp pain in my lower…

Customer Question
Yesterday I had a few...
Yesterday I had a few instances of sharp pain in my lower right abdomen, however after a bit it went away and stayed away for almost all of today until about 1.5 hours ago (it is nearly midnight). I had been feeling a little nauseous prior to this bout of pain and while I still feel a bit nauseous the pain seems to have gone away. I did had a c-section 9 weeks ago so I have general tenderness throughout my abdomen and the day before yesterday had been “sucking in” my stomach while wearing jeans for the first time so I think that aggravated my abdominal muscles in general. However the sharpness of the lower right pain has me worried about appendicitis. When I press on it it doesn’t hurt any more or less and there’s no rebound pain. I’ve also been able to pass gas without any pain. I’m not quite sure this pain is really anywhere near where my appendix is - I know things get moved around after pregnancy and c-section but this pain is closer to my c-section scar than my belly button ... should I be worried about appendicitis?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Doctor: Dr. Das, MD, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor

Welcome and thank you for your question.

I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a few minutes.

Ok

Thank you for your patience.

This pain does not sound like appendicitis - more like an intestinal cramp.

Appendicitis s usually accompanied by fever with nausea. Th pain usually starts in the mid abdomen or upper abdomen and then migrates to the lower right side of the abdomen. There may be inability to pass gas. Most people also have muscle guard - meaning the he muscle over the right lower abdomen becomes hard and does not allow pressure over it.

Your pain does not sound like hat from appendicitis.

I hope this helped.
Let me know if you need more information.
If not, please click on a positive rating ( 5 stars) to leave feedback.

Thank you.