Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Have high blood pressure and im on 10mg lisinopril. I need…

Customer Question
Hi have high blood...

Hi have high blood pressure and im on 10mg lisinopril

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

I need to fly in a few days and I have been checking my bp at home

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Its been 134/87 on 3/21/18 today I took it and its 156/105

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 3 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How is your usual BP?

Do you feel any other symptom now?

I have been stress and having problems here at home to top it off
So do u think I can fly safely my fight is only 2hrs long. I have no other symptoms I feel fine
well I have-not taken it in a few months but a few months ago was washing it and it would be around 138/88
138/95. 1135/90

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Your BP is now a bit high.
Lower or diastolic one needs more attention.
I would advise to check your BP in the morning again.
If it still remains high, I would advise to take an examination by doctor before flying.
Your dose may need to be adjusted.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

I will try to get the my doc for a appointment but I don't know if he will be able to see me being only*****from me flying im I at high risk if I fly..would you say I can't fly with those bp readings

Anxiety, stress can raise the BP.
In morning at resting condition you can have a better picture.
Though it is not an emergency level now, but if diastolic goes above 110, it can be an emergency.
So if you can not see your own doctor, I would advise to visit an urgent care before flying.