Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am having dull pain in my right arm and shoulder and am…

I am having dull...

I am having dull pain in my right arm and shoulder and am very tired a lot of the time.. I have heard these symptoms with the left arm for heart problems. I have had stents in both the left and right Side of my heart in 2013 but have had no further problems. Should I be concerned?

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling. I am now retired and have worked for about 6 weeks for 5 hours 3 days a week and when I come home I am exhausted and some times during the day and at night my right arm seems heavy or aches, I sometimes thinks its rotator cuff iSSUES but sometimes it is between the elbow and shoulder. IO WENT TO THE DOCTER LAST FRIDAY AND MENTIONED IIT (FAMIOLY DOC) BUT HE BRUSHED IT OFF.

3/23/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you ?

what is your height and weight?

are you able to improve your diet? eat more protein and cut out carbohydrates, sugars, white flour, pasta, bread and eat more fruits and vegetables?

you should do some weight strengthening exercises with your muscles and shoulders to help your arm and shoulders build some muscle. are you able to do curles with can soup? and do shoulder presses with can soup over your head ? 20-40 reps each side?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
71 years old/ 6 ft tall 200 lbs
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My diet can always improve but I avoid carbs and sweets as much as possible! I had a gastric by passin 05 and have had skin removal and have lost 140 lbs. but always get stuck at about 200!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I. Have had 2 stents on the right side of my heart -back bottom and a year later on the left stage 3 stents in a y intersection on the right before the perniculectomy
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
In 2012

I see.

you need to get your thyroid levels checked.

you should cut out carbs and eat more protein and nuts and fruits and vegetables

and walk and exercise regularly

and cut out processed foods

and cut out salt. salt can cause you to retain fluid and cause you to gain fluid weight.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks

did you see the exercises you can try

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician