Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had laparoscopic surgery 4 weeks ago. I have followed a…

Customer Question
I had laparoscopic surgery...

I had laparoscopic surgery 4 weeks ago. I have followed a high protein diet, and drink a gallon of water per day. I started working out this week... but I am consistently gaining weight. I have gained 9 pounds since the surgery.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I have not seen my doctor. I thought it would go away. I'm not taking any meds. I only took pain meds for 2 days, and then I switch to Tylenol. I only took that for another 3 days.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I take collace once per week. I have no allergies

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had lap band surgery 9 years ago. I lost 100 pounds, and maintained it with a healthy lifestyle. I decided it was time to take it out, and this is the result

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Medical
3/23/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 27 days ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you need to cut your carbohydrate and sugar intake

no gluten, bread, pasta, sugar, white flour

you need your thyroid hormone levels checked

are you able to exercise regularly and build some muscle?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
The only carbs I have had are from fruit. Mostly Apples because I need the fiber. I started working out this week doing 1 hour of spin classes and weight training.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I have not had my hormone levels checked. I've been very healthy with no health issues

you should get your thyroid hormone levels checked.

keep up the exercise.

it sometimes can take months of eating right and exercising to see weight loss

it is not an easy thing.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I'm aware of how hard it is. If you read my original question, I have lost a hundred pounds and have maintained it until this surgery. I'm not specifically looking to lose weight, just trying to find out why I am consistently gaining weight while being extra strict with my diet and exercising

salt can add on fluid weight and cause you to retain fluid.

constipation can cause you to gain weight.

you need to get your thyroid hormone levels checked.

Family Physician, Doctor