Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Wife has CTEPH wich for the most part is pulmonary

Customer Question
Wife has CTEPH wich...

Wife has CTEPH wich for the most part is pulmonary hypertension. Is it safe for her to go to st Augustine in florida at the end of may with temperatures in high 80s?

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Pulmonary hypertension

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
She gets regular checkups is on medication Adempass for CTEPH and would like to know if its
safe to go to St. Augustine Florida with temperatures in the high 80s and humidity?
She currently is not on oxygen was assigned a inhaler.
3/23/2018
Doctor: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 3 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD
Hello my name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. Can you tell me please, how old is your wife? How long has she had the diagnosis of Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension? And I see she is not on oxygen but is taking Adempas. Just to be sure, she’s not taking and anticoagulants (blood thinners), correct?
She is taking Coumadin and diagnosis was a year and a half ago and she is 60 years old.
Thank you for that information. Other than making sure she gets up to move once in a while during the travel portion of your trip, with CTEPH and her current medications, yes, your wife can safely travel to St. Augustine, FL with the temperature in the high 80’s and higher humidity levels, it is safe.
Can I answer anything else for you today?
I hope I have provided you with helpful information in answering your question. Please let me know if you need anything else. If you have no further questions, please accept the answer by leaving a 5 star positive review. Thank you and have a great day.