Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My 14 year old daughter is complaining of tightness in her…

My 14 year old...

My 14 year old daughter is complaining of tightness in her chest. Immediately after the pain begins she feels shortness of breath and then hot.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It started yesterday. It occurred in the evening. Today it happened again during school. It just goes away on its own.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?

Perfectly healthy kid excepts for allergies. She's been to an allergist who told her to take Claritin and Flonase

3/22/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Pediatrics at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Hello... I understand your concern.I need some more information please.1. Do these symptoms occur during sleep?
2. Is the chest tightness associated with breathlessness or cough or wheezing?
3. Is the episode associated with loss of consciousness or giddiness?
4. Is there any personal or family history of anxiety?
5. Is there any personal or family history of asthma or sudden episodes of acute wheezing when exposed to known or unknown allergens please?
Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
1. No they don't occur while she's sleeping.
2. No
3. No
4. She is leaving on a trip to Washington DC without her family on Sunday. She may be feeling a little anxious about that.
5. No
Hi... thank you for getting back with requested information soon.Anxiety was in mind from the moment you described the features which prompted you to ask the question here.As all the red flag signs have been negative for any serious organic medical condition, you can be rest assured.This is a simple case of mild anxiety and drinking lots of water and keeping cool will help a lot." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD