Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

For the past few weeks I have had pain afte bowl movements…

For the past few weeks...
For the past few weeks I have had pain afte bowl movements and the feeling of incomplete defecation even after I go. The worst is when I sit in a car or a chair. Laying or walking is not bad. What can this be?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now. I will respond to your question or request additional information shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Where is the pain located? Do you have any abdomen symptoms such as belching, bloating, spasm, nausea?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sometimes Beijing but not so much. No cramping
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s anal pain and feeling of incomplete defecation when I sit

Did you notice bleeding as well? Do you suffer from constipation or straining during BM?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I strained a few days ago and I have this problem
Now. No bleeding

Thanks for the information.

You seem to have hemorrhoids or anal fissures and your symptoms are consistent with it. These are minor conditions and can be treated easily. You can try OTC preparation H and take OTC pain meds to control you pain. Sitz bath is also helpful for bothe conditions. You have to make sure not to have constipation or straining. Increase water intake, increase fiber, and increase your mobility to ease your symptoms.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
WHy do I have the urge to have a bowel movement when I’m sitting in a car? Why would hemorrhoids do this?

This is because there is rectal lining (mucus membrane) around internal hemorrhoids. and any irritation or pressure in that area can create this sensation. You might experience a feeling of fullness in the rectum, as if you need to have a bowel movement. This is not uncommon.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What should I do? It's causing me so much grief and I cannot go out for long periods of time. Also when I wipe I get the sensation also. Please advise how to fix this? I appreciate it

You will have to use OTC preparation H and use application to push meds inside. Sitz bath is also helpful to feel better. Drink adequate water, eat high fiber, and increase your mobility to ease your symptoms. You would feel much better as your hemorrhoids shrink and become less inflamed. These are just initial treatment, several other options exist, in treatment failure.

Take care.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You seem to know very much. Are you a gastro doctor? So you think I have internal hemorroids? I hope it gets better. I can't stand the feeling of fullness by my recturm
I can understand your frustration. Most likely it’s hemorrhoids. You can also get it confirmed by your primary care doctor.
Take care
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Made appointment with doctor about hemorrhoids. I still have the feeling of fullness in rectum. The more I wipe the worst it gets. Why is that?

That's great!

Your doctor can examine the area to make the final diagnosis. He will also let you know if the rectum is inflamed which might be the reason for your sensation.

Take care

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Can rectum be inflamed from hemorroids? Also I wipe and wipe and takes forever to get ckean

Hemorrhoids may not cause inflammation in the rectum. It does look like you have excessive mucous secretion and inflammation is likely. Only a proper exam can confirm these things. You will have to wait for your appointment.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Where is inflammation coming from?

Number of reasons like infection, inflammatory bowel disease, STDs, antibiotics etc. You need to focus on the diagnosis, then we can go from there.

Take care

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thank you

You are welcome!

Thanks for visiting justanswer.

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor