Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am 78 year old female that has started having intense hot…

I am 78 year...

I am 78 year old female that has started having intense hot flashes for 3 years and not sure why.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

My Doctor doesn't want to deal with it because he has never dealt with it before. I am on Metroprolol 100 mg BID Isoorbide 60 mg one a day,Norvasc 5mg 1 a day Simvastatin 40 mg 1 a day 20mg 1 a day Neurotin 300 mg TID Advair BID Lortab 7.5 mg TID Synthroid .25 mcg 1 a day Panpopradole 20 mg BID Pepcid Unisom Aspirin

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had a complete hysterectomy back in 1971. I have COPD I had shingles which is why I take Neurotin and lortab

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/22/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi... thank you for the detailed information.

At your age, keeping in mind all the medications you are taking, I put forth these possibilities -

1. Could be related to thyroid issues. Need to check your thyroid status again and if needed adjust the dose.

2. Could be related to allergic response. No need to investigate. Next time this happens, try Benadryl and if this eases the situation, you need not worry.

3. Extremely rare but sometimes catecholamine or adrenaline surge can cause such symptoms. During the next hot flushing episode, kindly check blood pressure and random blood sugar. If they are high, you need to investigate further.

4. Drug interactions. I have checked, none which you are on interact with these kind of symptoms. But we never know as idiosyncratic reactions are well known in medicine.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD