Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What is rhinitis sicca and what can i take that will help or…

Customer Question
What is rhinitis sicca...

What is rhinitis sicca and what can i take that will help or get rid of it. Is there a doctor that could help me with this. i live in Delmont pa.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

All i am talking is vitamin b5 9( DEPANTHENOL) with vitimin e with aloe vera AND OCEAN SPRAY thanks Howard

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had a infection in my nose

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?

Over two months. I am breathing ok

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/22/2018
Doctor: Dr. A, Board Certified MD replied 3 months ago
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** am an ENT and I will be assisting you today.

Rhinitis sicca is essentially a dry nose, most commonly in the front of the nose. Many symptoms during dry nose could be encountered ranging from subjective sensation of the dry nose and itching up to mild burning, nasal obstruction, crusting associated with unpleasant smell, epistaxis, and diminished sense of smell.

The main treatment for rhinitis sicca consists of humidification of the nose, especially the mucus, focusing in a real wash-out of possible inflammatory triggers and application of a protective layer on the mucus. Treatments include saline washes and ointments. Hope that helps. Let me know if you have other questions.