Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

For a few months now on and off I've had unexplained calf…

For a few months...

For a few months now on and off I've had unexplained calf pain. I've had 2 ultrasounds to r/o DVT along with a blood test in the ED. My doctor has chalked this up to musculoskeletal pain. I've flown for 2.5 hours on Tuesday and have been experiencing pain in my calf since. No redness/no swelling/just an aching pain in my calf and sometimes is above the back of my knee. I have a light bruise on my calf- not sure where i got it from but it wouldn't be surprising that I bumped it without remembering. It is just a dull ache.

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

From the description of symptoms, it does not look like dvt or anything of serious nature. An unidentified trauma can be the reason as there is a bruise as well. I would advise you to take advil for few days and if it continues then get an x_ ray to rule out any bone pathology. Massage the area with warm olive oil for relief of any spasm.

sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. So as of right now, I shouldn't worry? I've had this in the past and was tested for DVT (August 2017) same symptoms but including redness. This time around, it is not red just aching in the left leg.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, no worries for now, Dvt is not likely and follow the measures mentioned above. Hopefully, it will get better soon.

Please do not forget to click on 5 stars.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor