Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a 1 year old that has been very sick for the past…

I have a 1...

I have a 1 year old that has been very sick for the past three days and I just wanted to see if it might be something that I need to take him into the clinic for or if I should treat it at home.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No, I haven't taken him to a doctor yet. I've been giving him children's acetaminophen.

Doctor's Assistant: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?

I have all of his updates from wellness visits if that's what you mean.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He has gotten sick before, but never to this extent—he usually bounces back quickly and the symptoms don't usually hit him this hard. He did have his flu shot this year.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

What are his symptoms?

He has been cranky, has a very runny nose (today the mucus has been green), almost no appetite, and sad eyes that are involuntarily weepy all day. He is also very clingy and not sleeping well.

Since his mucus is green, it can be bacterial infection for which you should see a doctor as he would prescribe antibiotics for this. So with these symptoms i would say you should take him to the doctor for full examination and prescription.

sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Okay, thank you for letting me know. I will schedule an appointment for him.

My pleasure.

Please do not forget to click on 5 stars.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor