Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is doctor arun phophalia there ,now. Tingling on the

Is doctor arun phophalia...

Is doctor arun phophalia there ,now

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Tingling on the face,stiff neck and in front throat

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?

I was talking with dr Arun before, skin is ok numbnes oof the lips,looks like tendons are getting stiff

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am in a withdrawal from Valium, but this symptoms I had them before

3/22/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Hello Mike,

Hope you are doing good.

Physical therapy and transcutaneous electrical stimulation, acupuncture may help you.

It is privilege assisting you.

is this dr ARUN

Yes, I am Dr. Arun.

I have blocage 50 per cent in the leg artery
I am afraid that this is a progresive disease, like before when I sit i am all stiff. I could swalow

Blockage of 50% usually is not very bad. Regular walking, control of cholesterol and triglycerides, aspirin can help.

There are vasodilator medicines which can be prescribed by your doctor.

Keeping yourself reasonably active would take care of stiffness.

I am not anxious like before ,but this is getting very fast progressive. I could walk 30 minutes with two stops
Tingling on the face could be from where
I was OK but since I started the withdrawal from Valium I am getting like before

Valium withdrawal can cause your symptoms.

The whole body is very sensitive and i lost some weight
Remember I had the same symptoms and I was not in any benzodiazepine
i red our conversation from 4 years
Are you there

All of your symptoms were there earlier too.

You need to tell me how exactly I can help you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.

Good morning , are you on line yet
DR Arun, are you on line this morning ?

Yes, I am now.

I got up this morning with the left hand numb And both hands tingling the neck absolutely stiff. At the base of the throat ai was very hard to swalow I went to a walk in clinic and is not astroke. We know for the last 10 years , that is way I am asking your advice . You are a good men

I know, your these symptoms are bothering you for long.

But some component is anxiety too.

ok. will keep in touch. have a great morning. Mike
dr Arun are you on line ?

Yes, Mike.

Hope you slept well.

I woke up with the lipe numb, this is not amxiety, is like they are under anestezic
lower lip more
sorry I type without glasses, but now I found them
I hope you underrstud what I wanted to say
are you there?
At 11 at night I take 2.2 valium which is part of the withdrawal and i sleep until 7 am.After that at 7 I take an other 2.5 valium and I get up all stiff and hands and feet tingling with the whole body very unconfortable, mainly neck and head. This numb lips is a new one ,I could move them,eat they are strong but no sensation

What are you proposing to do? Investigations by your doctor?

I don't know , I believed that you my have an idea what could be.. Tuesday I have an apointemment with cardiolog. ,I could ask him, my family physician would not know What do you think could be?
for sure she will say that this is a sign of anxiety, which is not. This is happening for the last week after that is getting a bit better. This morning was very strong, lips very numb aside the other symtoms.

Neuropathy is commonest cause if anxiety is not. Take B12 supplements and multivitamins.

I can not start to do the same thing like before to go to ER or my doctor every day. You lose credibility and they will put you in a psyco facility, because they do not want to spend money with you. There is no private clinic here ,except cardio
Could be also from the neck or the withdrawal ?
what drives me crazy is this is happening again. In the hospital i had some symptoms. they did CT scan for head and neck and EMG for hands, but i was not getting up so stiff, I was doing much better. I was sleeping and eating. I got to 85 kg, that where I got my legs arteries in trouble
I observed some thing else when I do my 30 minutes walking I start having headache and dizzynes and the the body becomes very sensitive , the skin and the hair
I am already branded as a hypocondriac, so I tank you for listening to me. you have been good to me, but I have many symptoms that they are real not psyhosomatic

Your symptoms can be due to withdrawal, anxiety, B 12 deficiency or neuropathy due to other reasons.

An other theory could be the cranial nervs being damaged. I think that you exclude a TIA atack
In Jaipur is 10 pm are you going to sleep, or I assume that you getting ready to sleep
I know that your knowledge are worth more money, but now I am retired and I am in fix income. I hope that you understand that your work is very much appreciated and there is a god that sees that.I hope that your family is ok and hope that all of you are healthy and happy
today is Sunday 8.20 in Jaipur .Are you working this morning ?
If you are up , good morning

Good Morning Mike.

Cranial nerve damage is called same, neuropathy.

Neuropathy can occur due to aging too with other multiple factors.

Your anxiety is due to something happening life threatening. It is not life threatening, I can assure you.

hello dr Arun. i got up with the head all frozen the face and the mouth are numb, hands is getting worst.thank you for good words . the face is tingling. I could eat and drink the temples and the top of the head are very sensitive and the neck is stiff. like last time this is a progressive symptoms.
sorry for my writing. I am puzzeled. i do not know what to do or what to take. it started again with the hair and sensitivity of the body
are you on line
Would Elavil will help with this stiffening, tingling and numbness? i nam taking this Valium for withdrawal . Could be OK?
The legs are affected because I am walking with difficulty
could all this come from the neck that is getting stiff ? I had this symptoms without the numb lips before I started the withdrawal
I am going to pay the maximum tip. I am afraid that the whole face will become numb at this pace
Bodily sensations. All sorts of strange tinglings, pins and needles, patches of numbness, feelings of electric shocks, sensations of hot and cold, itching, and deep burning pain are not uncommon during benzodiazepine withdrawal. It is difficult to give an exact explanation for these sensations but, like motor nerves, the sensory nerves, along with their connections in the spinal cord and brain, become hyperexcitable during withdrawal. It is possible that sensory receptors in skin and muscle, and in the tissue sheaths around bones, may fire off impulses chaotically in response to stimuli that do not normally affect them.In my clinic, nerve conduction studies in patients with such symptoms revealed nothing abnormal - for example, there was no evidence of peripheral neuritis. However, the symptoms were sometimes enough to puzzle neurologists. Three patients with a combination of numbness, muscle spasms and double vision were diagnosed as having multiple sclerosis. This diagnosis, and all the symptoms, disappeared soon after the patients stopped their benzodiazepines.Thus these sensory symptoms, though disconcerting, are usually nothing to worry about. Very occasionally, they may persist (see section on protracted symptoms). Meanwhile, the same measures suggested under muscle symptoms (above) can do much to alleviate them, and they usually disappear after withdrawal.
Muscle symptoms. Benzodiazepines are efficient muscle relaxants and are used clinically for spastic conditions ranging from spinal cord disease or injury to the excruciating muscle spasms of tetanus or rabies. It is therefore not surprising that their discontinuation after long-term use is associated with a rebound increase in muscle tension. This rebound accounts for many of the symptoms observed in benzodiazepine withdrawal. Muscle stiffness affecting the limbs, back, neck and jaw are commonly reported, and the constant muscle tension probably accounts for the muscle pains which have a similar distribution. Headaches are usually of the "tension headache" type, due to contraction of muscles at the back of the neck, scalp and forehead - often described as a "tight band around the head". Pain in the jaw and teeth is probably due to involuntary jaw clenching, which often occurs unconsciously during sleep.At the same time, the nerves to the muscles are hyperexcitable, leading to tremor, tics, jerks, spasm and twitching, and jumping at the smallest stimulus. All this constant activity contributes to a feeling of fatigue and weakness ("jelly-legs"). In addition, the muscles, especially the small muscles of the eye, are not well co-ordinated, which may lead to blurred or double vision or even eyelid spasms (blepharospasm).None of these symptoms is harmful, and they need not be a cause of worry once they are understood. The muscle pain and stiffness is actually little different from what is regarded as normal after an unaccustomed bout of exercise, and would be positively expected, even by a well-trained athlete, after running a marathon.There are many measures that will alleviate these symptoms, such as muscle stretching exercises as taught in most gyms, moderate exercise, hot baths, massage and general relaxation exercises. Such measures may give only temporary relief at first, but if practised regularly can speed the recovery of normal muscle tone - which will eventually occur spontaneously
This is from prof. H. ASHTON book. benzo.org.uk. This is second withdrawal for me. The first one was in 2005. When I was in this half hospital for old people for 3 years they gave me 2.5 mg of Ativan a day every day So from 2014 to 2017 I have been given ativan and become addicted. The funny part is I did not have numb lips or extreme symptoms and I was sleeping and eating up to 185 pounds now I have 158 pounds and I eat twice a day very frugal with once a week fish.because I have to keep cholesterol down. I take provacol, which is a statin that affects the muscles
I saw our conversation in 2010 and I had the same symptoms like now The numbness on the lips is something new
once again many,many thanks. God bless you and your family
PS. The danger is that I start having problems to walk which will make the PAD progress and I will be a candidate for a stroke or a heart atack

Two things;

1) None of these symptoms are life threatening.

2) Polyneuropathy, anxiety and benzo withdrawal explain them.

You are on subscription you can always open a new thread without additional charges.

I am going to close this one with a tip and I will if needed open a new one

Thank you, Mike.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

It does not give me a box to leave you a tip. What do I have to do. Is just give me just "write a review"

No problems. Please write a review.

this is not fair to you, it has to be a way

You may open a new threat instead.

Thanks for all your consideration.

I will see you in the morning.

Have a great day.

I wrote excelent doctor. I am not that good in writing corectlly to write a lot. How do I open a new threat

Thanks.

how do I open a new treath
are you on line, how do i open a new threth

As you opened this thread

I don.t remember exactely. I have you on my saved bookmark and I did not go trough all the question . A leday came asked me some questions about my symptoms and then put me in touch directely with you
A box dropped with this lady and so on