Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Will a Z pac that is sealed and kept properly still be

Customer Question
Will a Z pac...

Will a Z pac that is sealed and kept properly still be effective after the expiration date and if so for how long

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

My doctor prescribed a Z pac 2 days ago, bu because of the snow storm I could not get to the pharmacy. I had a Z pac in my travel kit started taking it, but didn’t realize it had expired unti I took two of the three doses.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I have taken Z pacs in the past for bronchial infections with no side affects and no bad interactions with any of my other medications

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/22/2018
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 3 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Despite the expiration date of a medication posted on the bottle the medicine will still be effective for at least a year after that date

So it should work for your infection

Please let me know if you need any more information