Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband has be on xeralto since feb. 14 with 2 blood

My husband has be...

My husband has be on xeralto since feb. 14 with 2 blood clots in his left leg on return. He has been sleeping in a recliner to elivate his leg at night. lately he is getting numbness on his left side in should er and down his arm. Is this related to the clot problem or could it be something else?

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

He still has swelling in the leg.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I dont know if just getting through the day he feels better. He also said he felt as though he wasnt breathing well... getting his breath

3/22/2018
Connie Pennington

Hello, I am Dr. Pennington. I am a surgeon. I would like to assist you.

Can you tell me your husbands age and other medications please.

he is 61, he is on blood pressure med.. low dose
he is on prilosec for reflux he takes something to sleep at night script not sure of it
he is a mailman no smoking or drinking good shape
he does need a hip replacement in left hip waiting on age

Ok excellent.

I am sorry he has a blood clot. It does take a while to resolve.

The numbess in the L side /shoulder/down his arm could be related to 1) sleeping in the chair or 2) a manifestation of cardiac issues

The shortness of breath is also concerning as blood clots can travel to the lungs, which is called a pulmonary embolism. That should not happen on Xerelto, but it could.

I would probably recommend communicating these things to your physician without delay.

Is there anything else?

No thank you we do have an appointed on 2nd. Thank you again

Good luck to you.

If the symptoms get worse, do not hesitate to ask for an earlier appt.

If this was helpful, please rate this question, as we work for stars to get credit. Thank you.

Connie Pennington