Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

At the base of my penis shaft I have 2 cuts similar to a…

At the base of...

At the base of my penis shaft I have 2 cuts similar to a paper cut for about 2 weeks. Now I have a small rash on my scrotum

Doctor's Assistant: What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?

No medications yet

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a dermatologist about this?

No

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can you attach a picture here? Also have you had any unprotected intercourse recently?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No unprotected sex

Thanks for the picture however it is a little blurry, do you have one which is in focus?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
It’s similar to a paper cut
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Any thoughts?

Thanks for the picture, it is still blurry but ill make do with it. Im writing down an answer now, just a few mins

Actually, from what I can make out in the picture there are two possibilities here, one is that this can be folliculitis which is an infection of the hair follicles on the shaft of the penis which can lead to redness in the region and the infection could have spread from that region to the scrotum. This would be diagnosed by a cl9ose clinical examination and then treated with topical antibiotics and if need be with oral antibiotics. The second possibility which comes to mind is that you could have developed an allergic reaction in the region due to a change in personal hygiene products or even due to the detergents with which you wash your clothes. This would cause itching and a red raised rash. Usually using antihistamines would be helpful in this situation which is found OTC. Topical application of hydrocortisone gel on the region would also be helpful

Lastly, one more thing which I would consider is a fungal infection which can commonly appear in this manner as for cause itching, swelling, red raised rash or even an odor coming from the genitals. A swab of the region along with an examination would make the diagnosis and topical anti fungal medications applied to the area would be helpful.

I would suggest using OTC antihistamines like Zyrtec or Claritin along with OTC topical anti fungal medications like clotrimazole for now but do get an evaluation done.

Do you have any more questions?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Will I need to put creme in the area or just use oral pills?

Start with the creams which should help in resolving the problem and if that does not help then oral drugs will be necessary.

Do you have any more questions?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thank you

You're welcome, I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today, do remember to rate me by clicking on the stars above your screen as that is how we are compensated for helping you today. Any BONUSES would be well appreciated!

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor