Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have just been diagnosed with PAD. What are my future

Customer Question
I have just been...

I have just been diagnosed with PAD. What are my future problems?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes, She is the one who diagnosed it.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have Prepherial Neuropathy. The doctor knows about it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/22/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 4 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

What are your present symptoms?

Was any percentage of blockage of arteries given to you?

Was it done by the colored doppler study (specialized ultrasound) or by angiography?

Female, 90 years old. Presently, my feet are "on fire"! Sometimes there is severe pain in some area of the feet (toe, last night) No, but I see her today and need questions to ask....so I will ask here. It was done by a Radiaologist at the Diagnostic Imagining dept. of our hospital. That's all I know.
I must go....cannot call you.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

You may need to ask following;

1) How much is the block of arteries?

2) Will it require surgery, stenting or medicines?

3) Are the symptoms of burning in feet caused by peripheral neuropathy or PAD or both?

More the blockage of the arteries, more are the symptoms.

The symptoms if increase on walking are likely due to PAD.

There may be future complications like skin ulcers.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.