Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

One of my friend was eating custard with ice cream and my…

second opinion] Hi One of my...
second opinion] Hi
One of my friend was eating custard with ice cream and my cousin went ahead and share the spoon and ate that custard and ice cream mix only once can he get hsv1 this way? No visibale sores on my friend mouth and lips.
3/22/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

no, you can't get herpes virus spread from sharing ice cream.

My cousin share the ice cream using same spoon my friend was eating the ice cream with my cousin only just tasted once that was it

there is no risk for herpes spread

he could be ok for many months

he could have received palliative radiation therapy for 2 weeks of 10 treatments to help shrink his throat cancer mass which could have helped him have longer to eat and swallow but that is up to you and him to do that.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Huh??

sorry about that.

there is no risks for herpes spread

do you have other questions?

No

I pasted a bit of someone elses response there.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Yeah just another question i drank soda from a cup and left the soda cup in sink for like 7-10 minutes then one of my friend rinse the same cup and drank water from is there anything t worry i have no visible sores.

no, there is no worry for herpes spread this way

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Okay thank you