Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am a 72 year old woman and am having a rash in my crouch…

I am a...

I am a 72 year old woman and am having a rash in my crouch area. Not sexually active for almost 5 years..I also think i may a bladder infection. I also have a rash under my right breast. Tried Zinc oxide, monkey butt. and vagisil wipes for the rash and itching also. i got some relief but not completely.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No I just wasn't sure i needed to. Ive been out of state doing some in home care, and it just started after I had a sisus infection

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Since when are you having it?

Which medicine did you take for sinus infection?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Amoxicillin

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
The itching, rash is most probably due to fungal infection.
It can occur after an antibiotic treatment.
Fungal infection can take time to recover.
It usually occurs due to sweating or moisture, especially in warm weather.
Other probable is dermatitis, allergy.
Please keep the area dry and cool, open when possible.
Use cotton and loose underwear.
You can apply antifungal cream or spray like Lamisil or clotrimazole.
Hydrocortisone cream can be added too.
Those are available over the counter.
Benadryl or claritin can be taken for itching.
If you do not see any improvement, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
You may need oral antifungal medicine which is a prescription drug.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
just need to know if I should call my doctor

You can try those medicines I wrote for a few days.

If you do not notice any improvement, please call your doctor.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you kind thought that way too.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
very informative and help full Dr Su S was thank you this is all new to me. so most likely to call again k you got your Help Pam B

You are always welcome.

Please click 5 star button so that I can get credit for helping you.
You can see the rating button on the upper left corner.
Warm Regards

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Dr Su S
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)