Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I got a test result that show that my uric acid level is…

I got a test...

I got a test result that show that my uric acid level is 15.19.0mg/dl and urea level is 56.mg/dl, The test was taken on the 10th March 2018. should i begin to worry

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

No system, except the fact that my body itches.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

Taking anti-histamine helps

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing in particular beyond the fact that I drink less water , even though I consume an aphrodisiac medication called Prosolution

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Were these investigations done for itching or was part of general check up?

I am Male and 43 years old. It was a general check up I decided to take.

Both of these, urea and uric acid are too high. These may get elevated due to lack of fluids and dehydration.

But this need further evaluation as following if not yet done;

1) Ultrasound of abdomen / kidneys.

2) Serum electrolytes

3) Serum creatinine.

4) Serum creatine kinase.

5) Liver function tests.

6) 24 hours urine estimation of proteins.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

serum creatinine is 1.39mg/dl

Your serum creatinine is good. So there is not huge worry.

But still you need to repeat these abnormal tests and also the investigations we had discussed.

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.